Skip to content
- Vande Bharat Express is an indigenous Semi-High speed train that was designed in Integral Coach Factory, Chennai.
- Recently Indian Railways has announced that it will introduce 400 new Vande Bharat Express Trains in the coming 3 years.
- Rs 41000 crore will be required to materialise this project.
- It was launched in 2019.
- Vande Bharat Trains are also called as Train 18.
- It can achieve speed of upto 180-200 Kmph.
- Shri Ashwani Vaishnav is the current Rail Minister of India.
- In the Budget, this year Indian Railway have been allocated a capital investment of Rs 1.37 Lakh Crore.
- At Present two Vande Bharat trains are operational. Delhi to Varanasi, and Delhi to Katra (Jammu).