- Bihar Budget is Presented by the then Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister of Bihar, Shri Tarkishore Prasad. He has presented the budget for the second time.
- It was presented on February 28, 2022.
- This budget is the 15th budget of Bihar.
- This budget Size is of Rs 237,691.19 Crores.
- GSDP (Gross State Domestic Product) as per Budget is Rs 745310 Crores.
- 2022-23 Expected Growth rate as per Bihar Budget is 9.7%.
- Fiscal Deficit is 3.46%.
- Expenditure on Schemes by the State Government is Rs 1 Lakh Crores.
- Allocation on Student Credit Card Rs 700 Crore.
- Revenue Saving is 0.6%.
- Allocation to Har Ghar Nal Ka Jal is Rs 1001 Crore.
- Allocation to Saat Nischay 2 is Rs 5000 Crore.
- Allocation to Education is Rs 39191 Crore which is 16.05% of Budget.
- Social Sector Expenditure is 65%.
- Highest Income to the state from Share of State in Central Taxes.
- Free interest loan to the tune of Rs 1 Lakh Crore.
- Allocation for Agricultural Development : Rs 7712 Crore.
- A total of 7 Industrial Parks to be opened.
- Solar Electricity quota to be achieved till 2023.
- Development Expenditure 67.37%.
- Total ODF urban wards is 3367.
- Total ODF municipalities is 142.
- Total length of rural roads to be constructed in 2022-23: 6000 km.
- Largest allocation to Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.
- Total number of ethanol plants to be constructed: 151.
- State Tax Revenue: Rs 41387 Crores.
MCQs based on Bihar Budget 2022-23
Q1.) In which article of the Indian Constitution Budget word is discussed?
a. Article 201 b. Article 202
c. Article 203 d. None of the above
Q2.) Indian constitution uses which word in the place of Budget?
a. Bahkhata b. Khatabook
c. Annual Financial Statement d. Annual Balance Sheet
Q3.) Which article of the Indian Constitution mentions Annual Financial Statement?
a. Article 202 b. Article 326
c. Article 203 d. Article 322
Q4.) It is proposed in the budget to open mega skill centres in every districts of Bihar. Which districts are chosen for the first phase?
a. Patna, Nalanda, Nawada b. Patna, Munger, Nalanda
c. Patna, Nalanda, Darbhanga d. Patna, Nalanda, Muzaffarpur
Q5.) Largest allocation to which of the following is done as per the Budget 2022-23?
a. Sarva Shiksha Abhiayan b. Urban Housing
c. Rural Develoment d. Fisheries