Student Credit Card or the Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana (BSCC Scheme) is a Scheme launched by the Bihar Government on October 2, 2016 to provide loan to the students of Bihar so that they can pursue their higher education after passing class XIIth. The scheme aims to support those students who want to go for higher studies but are short of finances. To enable their dreams Government of Bihar has come up with the Student Credit Card Yojana so that the dreams of students to study further should not be shattered due to their inability to gather the fee. In this post we have provided all the details of the BSCC Scheme.
Student Credit Card Scheme Bihar Important Facts
|Name of the Scheme||Student Credit Card Scheme|
|Launch Date||October 2, 2016|
|Beneficiary||Students of Bihar|
|Purpose||Loan for Higher Studies|
|Maximum Amount||Upto Rs. 4 Lakhs|
|Authority||Government of Bihar|
|After which class||XIIth|
|For Courses||Authorised Courses by the Govt.|
|For Colleges||Authorised Colleges by the Govt.|
|The Scheme Helps In||Paying the college fees|
Student Credit Card Scheme Bihar Eligibility
The Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme is launched to help needy students. The Eligibility criteria to avail the Scheme is as follows:
- The Student must be a resident of Bihar
- The Age of the Student must be atleast 25 Years.
- The Student must have passed the 12th standard.
- The course that the student ants to enroll in must be from an authorised institute.
- The student must complete his course which he/ she has enrolled for.
- The course that the student has enrolled must be an authorised course.
- Must be having 10th and 12th Marksheet.
- Must be having proof of admission in a higher educational Institute.
- ID proof of Applicant and co-applicant.
Student Credit Card Scheme Required Documents
The documents required to apply for the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme so that the needy students can avail the services is as follows:
- Approved course Structure
- Tax Receipt
- Photographs of Student, Parent and the Guarantor.
- Duly Filled common Application Form
- Applicant and co-applicant ID Proof
- Address Proof
- Aadhar card
- Pan card
- Bank account statement of the parent
- Family Income certificate
- Form 16
- Class 10th and 12th Marksheet.
Student Credit Card Scheme Benefits
The Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme which was launched by the Chief Minister of Bihar aims to provide needy students several benefits. They are given below:
- The Amount of Loan which a student can avail for pursuing higher studies is Rs. 4 Lakhs.
- This Scheme is available not only to the courses in technical fields but also for those who are pursuing polytechnic as well as non technical courses.
- For Girl Students, Divyangs and Transgenders, the Interest Rate on the loan is as low as 1%.
- The amount given can be utilised for paying fee, buying Laptops, books, stationary etc.
- The students can repay the loan once their course is over and they start doing a job.
- The recovery process for the loan is not very harsh and there is a possibility of even waiving off the loan by the government in the long run.
- Students will be saved from the hassle of going from pillar to post for an education loan and they will not have to procure a loan from informal sector at a high interest rate which is difficult to repay with huge interests.
- The Scheme will help in increasing the Gross Enrolment Ratio of the state.
Student Credit Card Scheme Approved Course List
Students can avail the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme for 42 authorised courses, some of which are given as follows:
- B.Sc IT Computer Application Computer Science
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- BSc. Agriculture
- BSc. Library Science
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- BSc. Nursing
- Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Mass Communication
- BSc in Fashion Technology
- Bachelor of Architecture
- BL, LLB
- Diploma in Food, Nutrition, Dietetics
- Diploma in Food and Beverage
- Diploma in Food Processing
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
Student Credit Card Scheme Approved List of Colleges
The Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme comes up with a condition that the students can avail the Credit Card only for the courses in Approved Colleges. The List of Approved Colleges can be seen as follows:
|Approved List of Colleges||Click Here|
Student Credit Card Scheme Application Process
Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana comes up with the noble cause of supporting students for completing their Higher Studies. Candidates can apply for the Student Credit Card by following the procedures described below:
- Go to the Official Website to apply for Bihar Student Credit Card.
- The Official Website is www.7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in
- After the official website is opened click on the ‘New Applicant Registration’.
- In this new page fill all the information like Applicant’s Name, Email-ID, Aadhar Number, Mobile Number etc. and click on send OTP.
- Enter the OTP that you might have received on Phone and/ or Email ID.
- The above process is required to successfully register yourself.
- Now, Go to the homepage by clicking on ‘Go to Home Page’.
- On the Homepage Login with the details that you have received via SMS or E-Mail.
- You must set a New Password and then login again using the password that you have created.
- Now, Enter the details and click on Submit.
- After you Log In on this new page, 3 options will be opened.
- In these 3 Options you have to select the ‘ Bihar Student Credit Card’ from the Drop Down Menu of Select Scheme.
- Now, a new application form will be opened.
- In this form enter all the required details and click on the Submit Button.
- After filling the Application successfully candidates will be given a unique ID number.
- Candidates will receive this unique ID number on their mobile and Email.
- Candidates may also receive the essential document details on their Email Id.
- The Filled Application Form Pdf and Documents will be needed further at the counter.
- The details such as when the candidate has to go to the counter will be sent on their mobile and/ or Email.
- The rest of the process will be done on the counter.
Student Credit Card Bihar Scheme is run under the Saat Nishchay Yojana of the Government of Bihar. For any further information you must visit the official website of the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme portal which is also known as Mukhyamantri Nishchay Swayam Sahayata Bhata Yojana abbreviated as MNSSBY at www.7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in.
The portal also offers a Student Credit Card App named as ‘Yuva Nishchay’ designed by Planing and Development Department, Government of Bihar, that can be downloaded from play store by clicking ‘Download Mobile App’ on the top right corner of the official website mentioned above.
Who is eligible for student credit card Bihar?
A candidate is eligible for the Bihar Credit Card Scheme if He/She is a resident of Bihar who has passed the class 12th, is of age 25 and above, and wants to enrol for higher education in an authorised course of an approved college.
How much interest does Bihar student credit card charge?
The interest charged is in the range of 4% to 1% according to different categories of candidates.
Is student credit card good?
The Bihar Student Credit Card is useful in supporting the candidates for enrolling in approved courses in approved colleges. The loan it provides helps candidates pursuing their higher education. Also, the loan amount the candidates can return after their course is over.
Can I buy laptop with Bihar student Credit Card?
Yes, the loan through the Student Credit Card includes your Laptop cost.
Read More about different Schemes/ Yojana: