Vinai Kumar Saxena is appointed as the new Lt. Governor of Delhi on May 24, 2022. Read below his Biography in brief.
- President Ram Nath Kovind appointed Shri Vinai Kumar Saxena as the new Leutenent Governor of Delhi.
- Before his appointment to the post of Lt. Governor of Delhi he served as the chairperson of the KVIC (Khadi Village Industries Commission).
- He has been serving as the chairman of KVIC since October 2015. Under him this commission was declared the best performing government institution of the country. Under Saxena’s leadership, KVIC’s business grew by a whopping 248 percent, while a massive 40 lakh new jobs were created in just seven years. During Saxena’s tenure, KVIC achieved a historic turnover of Rs 1.15 lakh crore for the first time in 2021-22, which is the highest ever turnover of KVIC or any FMCG company in India.
- The Government of India appointed Shri Saxena as a member of the National committee to commemorate India’s 75th anniversary of Independence in the year 2021.
- Government of India also nominaed Shri Saxena as a member of the Padma awards selection committee for 2021 Padma awards in 2020.
- He was also nominated as a member of the Research Council of CSIR (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research), Institute of Himalayan Bio-resource technology.
- He was also nominated by the President as member of University court of Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, in 2018.
- He was also a member of Empowered committee for evaluation of PM award of excellence in Public Administration.
- Born in a reputed family of Uttar Pradesh, Saxena graduated from Kanpur University in 1981 and obtained a pilot’s license.
- He has a keen interest in social and corporate affairs combined with technical, legal, social and cultural skills. He is also called as a corporate scientist.
- In May 2007, Saxena’s NGO NCCL received the prestigious UN-Habitat supported Dubai International Award for Best Practice for its unique project “Mission Endure” to reduce dust pollution in Ahmedabad city.
- In May 2008, he received the United Nations Sustainable Development Decade (UNDESD) international honor for his “outstanding contribution to environmental protection and water security” in Gujarat.
- He started his career with JK Group in 1984 as an Assistant Officer in Rajasthan. After working for 11 years for the White Cement Plant, he was made general manager in 1995 to oversee the proposed port project in Gujarat.
Read More: Current Affairs