Fanishwar Nath Renu was a renowned litterateur who writes in the Hindi Language. He was a Padmashree Awardee, one of the highest civilian awards given in India. He was born on March 4, 1921. On March 4 this year Bihar celebrated his 103rd Anniversary.
It’s been said that a coffee shop in Patna named ‘Patna Coffee House’ was one of his favourite places where he used to work on a corner table. He was born in Araria District of Bihar. Some famous novel written by him are Maila Aanchal, Parti Parikatha, Juloos, Dirghatapa, Kitne Chaurahe, Kalank Mukti etc. In this post we have discussed about the Biography of Fanishwarnath Renu.
Fanishwarnath Renu Facts
|Name||Fanishwar Nath “Renu”|
|Born On||March 4, 1921|
|Died||11 अप्रैल, 1977 in Patna|
|Place of Birth||Aurahi Hingna Village, Araria Dist, Bihar|
|Education||Viratnagar Adarh Vidyalaya,|
Kashi Hindu Vishwavidyalaya.
|Famous Works|| Maila Aanchal, Parti Parikatha, Juloos, Dirghatapa,|
Paltu Babu Road, Thumri, Ek Adim Ratri Ki Mahak, Agnikhor,
Ek Shravani Dopahar ki Dhoop, Acche Aadmi.
Fanishwarnath Renu Family
Phanishwarnath Renu Father’s Name was Shilanath Mandal. He took active part in Indian National Movement against the Britishers in the region. His father promoted modern ideas and culture within the family.
Fanishwar Nath married to Rekha Renu (His first Wife). Later he married to Padma and Latika. Latika was a nurse and he met her while he was undergoing treatment at PMCH Hospital, Patna.
He has a daughter named Kavita Roy, two sons namely Padma Parag Renu and Dakshineswar Renu.
Fanishwarnath Renu Writings
Fanishwar Nath Renu writes in a common man’s language. The language in his writings has a touch of regional words spoken in the rural areas of Purnia, Saharsa, Araria districts of Bihar with tadbhava words. His writing is simple, easy and poignant.
Some of the famous works of Fanishwar Nath Renu are:
- Maila Aanchal: It is regarded as the most significant Hindi Novel after Premchand’s Godan. Renu was awarded Padmashree for this Novel. It was written in 1954.
- Parti Parikatha: It depicts the rural setup of Bihar.
- Juloos: It was published in the year 1966. The book’s protagonist is a young girl from Eastern Bengal.
- Deerghatapa: It was released in the year 1964. The central theme of Deerghatapa revolves around a working women’s hostel of Patna.
- Kitne Chaurahe: It was released in 1966. The Novel is about the incidents happening before and after the Indian Independence.
- Kalank Mukti: It was released in the year 1972/ 1975. It has been shown in the Novel that in such a society, where the demons of corruption, greed, character degradation are present everywhere, how difficult and challenging is the living for an honest, dutiful and a peaceful man.
- Paltu Babu Road: It was published in the year 1979. It was published in the form of episodes. It depicts various facets of a town.
- Ek Aadim Ratri Ki Mahak: It is a collection of stories released in 1967.
- Agnikhor: It is a collection of stories released in 1973.
- Ek Shravani Dopahar Ki Dhoop: It is a collection of stories released in 1984.
- Acche Aadmi 1986: It is also a collection of stories released in 1986.
Fanishwar Nath Renu has written many such collection of stories, novels and memoirs such as Rinjal Dhanjal, Nepali Krantikatha, Vantulsi Ki Gandh, Shrut Ashrut Purve, Maregaye Gulfaam, Laal Paan Ki Begum, Panchlight, Tabe Ekla Chalo Re, Thes, Samvadiya.Totapur. Many of his works depicts the real life scenarios and the poignant aspects related to it.
Note: If you know any additional detail of this subject or want to edit some information then please comment below.