BPSC Bihar Current Affairs
- Bihar Police is planning to appoint Investigating Officers or IO on contract basis.
- The step is initiated because of the shortage of officers in the department, slower promotion, and heavy workload. There are many pending cases and the shortage of staff results in delaying of such cases.
- Contract appointments helps in reducing the staff shortage and in speeding up the process of solving of the myriad cases.
- Many posts are lying vacant in the department due to delayed promotions and fast retirements of the officers.
- DGP S K Singhal has ordered to fasten up the process of appointments.
- The annual budget estimate for Bihar Police for the year 2020-21 is Rs 10,021 crore.
- The motto of Bihar Police is ‘A Voyage of Excellence’.
- It was formed in the year 1935.