Few days earlier a huge Gold reserve was found in Bihar in the Jamui district. Now, there are reports of the existence of petroleum reserves in the state. Its main points are discussed below:
- Petroleum reserves are found in the ditricts of Buxar and Samastipur in Bihar.
- The reserve is found in the Ganga river basin in the designated and adjoining areas.
- In the Ganga river basin it is expected to have a petroleum reserve in 302.57 sq. Km. in the area.
- Government of Bihar has permitted the exploration of oil to ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation).
- The Government of India has asked the permission from the state and indicated the possibility of the same.
- ONGC has also sent a letter to Buxar district administration.
- The possibility of getting valuable items in the ground of the state with abundance of sand and flood is getting stronger.
- If the exploration becomes successful and the oil reserve is found as per expectations, then the fate of the region and the state can be overturned.