The following is a collection of important Bihar Current Affairs that are asked in various Bihar based Examinations.
- Highest number of Women Police are present in Bihar: BPR&D (Bureau of Police Research and Development) reported that, Women accounts for 25.3 percent of the Police force in Bihar. 23,245 women are there in the total strength of 91,862 police personnel present in Bihar. The National average is 10.3%. One in every four Police personnel is a Women in Bihar. Reservation of 35% for women in the state Police is given in 2016. Bihar has the highest resevation of 35% for Women among all states in India.
- Bihar installed One Lakh smart Prepaid Metres: Bihar became the first state to install 1 lakh electric metres in the country.
- Buddha Samyak Darshan Sangrahalaya, Vaishali: The Buddha Samyak Darshan Sangrahalaya to be built in Vaishali. This is a Stupa which is used to preserve relics of Buddha. The Sangrahalaya will be built in 72 acres of land with the help of IIT Delhi. A Buddha Stupa and a Museum are proposed.
- Har Gaon Me Optical Fiber: PM Modi inaugurated ‘Har Gaon Me Optical Fiber’ scheme in Bihar on September 21, 2021. In this scheme, 6 lakh villages will be provided Internet with the help of Optical Fiber in 1000 days in the Scheme. All villages of Bihar (45945 villages) and Gram Panchayats(8386) of Bihar will be covered under this.
- First PIKU Hospital in Muzaffarpur: First PIKU hospital of the country is going to be built in SKMCH, Muzaffarpur. It will consist of 100 bed Infant Intensive Care Unit and 60 bed encephalitis ward for patients suffering from Chamki fever(AES) and Japanese Encephalitis.
- Three New Agricultural Colleges in Bihar: The three Agricultural colleges are: (a) Agriculture Business Management College, Patna. (b) Agriculture Engineering College and Community Science and Food College, Gaya (c) Biotechnology College, Ara. Total budget of colleges is 11 Crores.
- Kosi-Mechi River Interlinking Project: This is the second prominent river interlinking project after ken-betwa interlinking project. This will be a 4900 crore Project approved by the centre. This project wil have huge positive impact on the Seemanchal region of Bihar.
- Six new Ropeways in Bihar: CM of Bihar Shri Nistish Kumar inaugurated Cabin ropeway at Mandar Parvat in Bounsi Block of Banka District. He announced to build SIx more ropeways in the State at Rohtasgarh Fort, Mundeswari Hills, Vanabar Hills, Dungeshwari Hills, Brahmyoni and Pretshila.
- Maximum people killed in lightening strikes are in Bihar: According to annual lightening report Bihar has the highest number of people killed in a lightening strike (401 deaths from April 2020 to March 2021). Its a jump of 81% since last year for Bihar.
- IIT Patna and Flipkart signs MOU: IIT Patna and Flipkart MOU is in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Bihar Diwas: Bihar Diwas is held on March 22 every year to mark the foundation of the State. On March 22, 1912 Bihar province was separated from Bengal.
- Bihar State Seed Corporation gets ISO certified: BSSC or Bihar State Seed Corporation has got ISO certification.
- First Floating Solar Power Plant of Bihar: First Floating Solar Power Plant of Bihar to be built in Darbhanga. Darbhanga is also known as ‘City of Ponds’.
- Bihar last Rank in the NITI Ayog SDG India Index 2020-2021: Kerela topped the Rankings among states. Chandigarh among UTs.
- HIT Covid App of Bihar: CM of Bihar Shri Nitish Kumar launched ‘HIT Covid App’ on May 20, 2021. It is used to track Covid-19 patients who are in home isolation. HIT full form is Home Isolation Tracking. The App is developed by Bihar State Electronics Development Corporation Limited under the guidance of Department of Health and Department of IT.
- Bihar Gave Highest Vaccination in a day: On the occasion of the Birthday of the Prime Minister on September 17, 2021 a mass vaccination campaign was organised in the country. On this day Bihar administered highest vaccination (33.10 lakh) in a day highest in the country.
- New AIIMS to be established at Darbghanga: Under PM Swasthya Suraksha Yojana, an AIIMS will be established in Darbhanga at a cost of 1264 Crores.
- Bihar Vaccination Burden: Bihar vaccination burden is 0.6% of the total state’s GDP. This is highest for any state in the country.
- India Justice Report 2020: Bihar ranked 13th in India Justice Report.
- India Innovation Index by NITI Aayog: Bihar ranked last at 17th place. Karnataka topped the index.
- Hello Sakhi: Hello Sakhi Chain is an awareness campaign against Coronavirus. In Muzaffarpur women are creating Hello Sakhi Chains and spreading awareness about prevention from coronavirus disease.
- Koilwar Bridge: A new Koilwar bridge is built on Son River and is named after Vashisht Narayan Singh. He was a mathematician and a Padma awardee.
Read More: February 2022 Current Affairs
More content to come…. Till then memorise the above.
Read About BPSC: What is BPSC